Some approaches to market (especially panel memberships) have optional questions and sections. For example, a panel registration for "Trades" may have a "Plumbers" section and an "Electricians" section.
For this scenario, 360 has dependency sections and questions where (extending the example) the providers can elect to respond to either or both the "Plumbers" and the "Electricians" sections.
To make a dependency section or question:
- Sign-in to https://360users.apetsoftware.com.au/ as the Request Manager
- From the main menu, click Requests
- If using the new look:
- Click Drafts
- Click Configure against the desired request
- Click Old Look's Request Info
- If using the old look:
- Select the request from the list
- Click on the
icon to make a section optional
- Click on section name in the top menu to make a question optional
- Click on the
Select Private Section (or Private Question)
A Child Section can also be a dependency section. The benefit of using child sections is that all providers that complete the section can be ranked separately.
Extending the example above, the plumbers can be ranked in one list, and the electricians can be ranked in a second list.
- Enter the Except if details:
- Enter Question ID of the gateway question
- Select either:
- has response of
- multi-selection includes
- Select or enter the value that will make the section (or question)
- Publish the request
Only providers that select the specified value in the gateway question will need to complete the dependency section (or question).
- Hidden questions are only available when the Allow Hidden Sections/Questions system setting is selected